I sit here at my living room's coffee table. I am eating my dinner with Laptop and Bookshelf and Ellen Degeneres. It is not dark yet. Ellen is talking to me through a glass screen. She has spoken for 19 minutes now but I have not spoken a word since 51 minutes ago, when my father left for work.
Today, Ellen is celebrating her mama's 80th birthday. My mama is working late tonight and my sissy is at her CCA after which she will be having dinner with her fellow guitarians. The weather is nice and windy today. If Snowy was still here, I would have brought her for a walk. I miss Snowy.
Ellen tells a joke and I laugh. But soon enough, the silence is enveloped with awkwardness as there is no one here to laugh with me.
I have finished my dinner and there is nothing left to do.