|
Monday, June 8, 2009
Piercing sobs pierced through the communal silence and most turned their heads. Some passing a cursory glance, others gave annoyed stares, all looking at the source of noise. A young mother of two has just settled down at the bus stop when the younger of two broke into sobbing after dropping her pacifer on the ground. Initially patient, her mother wiped the pacifer clean and gave it back to her. However, the toddler refused it and carried on with her rant.
Once her calm composure was denied, her mother lost it. Perhaps it was the straw that broke th camel's back. Grabbing her roughly by the arm, she dragged her the young child and placed her firmly on the seat, scolding her as she went along. This merely increased the volume of the crying.
People were now blatantly staring, glaring at the child to stop. All did not dare interfere. It was their domestic affair. It was then when i noticed. A hearing aid, attached to the right ear of the elder daughter. She spoke using her hands, using intricate signs that few understand, yet widely recognised. A she rummaged through her bag for a milk bottle, it struck me if she could hear her now bawling sister or all she heard was silence. Amidst the annoyed stares, the scoldings and the crying, she lived in the colourless world of silence. Perhaps she created her own magical notes in her echo-less world.
Sadness overwhelmed me. The same sadness that one feels when you witness an amputee struggling to finish a race. The sadness welled when she stroked her younger sister's forehead, using a wad of tissue to wipe her tears away. The girl seemed to find it soothing and calm down. Finally, there was silence.
---by CHERYL tan weiting, Rachel Tan weilin's sister. :D
I don't understand how Cheryl, my sister, I SHOULD LINK HER. YES I SHOULD! THAT'S A GREAT IDEA RACHEL! OH THANK YOU THANK YOU. seee, this is how you have conversations with the thoughts in your head. I just felt the need to type that. so sorry for the interruption.
oh yes, me, peeping into my sister BLOG again! actually she changed it, but i was so smart to go to her friends blog which had a link to her blog. it was two-notes.blogspot.com at first but she added a three behind so it's now two-notes-three.blogspot.com.
oh AS i was saying from my first sentence, yes up there in green. I don't understand why she can write with such variety of entertaining literacy! (actually i do. cos she enjoys reading books unlike me...)I find it quite emooooo, though. but it get's nicer towards the end. However, since it is SO emo, I enjoy reading Kunaal's work more! cos it's more nicer:D and less EMMOOOOO... you can check out his rather interesting blog at the side bar, down there -----> :D oh yes. i changed the skin. so now it's at etc. up there
HAHHAHA. I wanted to say something else, but i cant remember! My sister would probaly see this, then she would change her URL again....
|
5:58 PM
|
|